Lost or Damaged Passports Passport & Consular

Lost or Damaged Passports

An Indian national resident in Singapore who has lost his/her passport may apply for a new passport through the authorised service centre.

Tourists who have lost/damaged their passport would be considered for an Emergency Certificate (EC). An EC is a one-way travel document valid only for the return trip back to India and is issued after the High Commission is satisfied on the bona-fides of the applicant. Once back in India, the applicant may approach the passport office which had issued the original passport for issuing a duplicate passport on production of the EC.

Documents required: 

Lost Passports: Following documents are required to be submitted along with the passport application form which can be downloaded from http://www.hcisingapore.gov.in or collected from the service centre free of charge.

  • Copy of the police report intimating loss along with copy of the lost passport
  • In case of visitors, Special Pass issued by Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Visitor Service Centre, ICA Building, near Lavender MRT, Kallang.
  • In case of work permit holders, company letter has to be furnished along with application and photocopies of above documents.
  • 3 recent passport size colour photographs (3.5X4.5 cm) with white back ground, taken within the last six months.

Damaged passports: The damaged passport may be submitted alongwith duly filled passport application form.

Fees, processing time and application centre: Click here